Configuring the checkout pages for payment gateways to work
First of all, you need to make sure you have all checkout related pages are set properly in the directory settings. If you have not set all checkout related pages, please set them following the guide mention here. Please continue reading this documentation after making sure checkout pages are set.
Configuring the gateway
The next thing you need to make sure that monetization is active on your site. You can activate monetization from Directorist Listings > Directorist Settings > Monetization Settings page and set Enable Monetization Feature to Yes on that page. See the screenshot below.
Next, go to the Gateway Settings Tab and Configure the following settings:
- Enable Offline Payment: if you want to use the default free gateway (Bank payment gateway), make sure the ‘Enable Offline Payment‘ option is set to ‘YES‘. However, if you use online payment gateways like PayPal or Stripe, you may disable offline payment gateway.
- : If you want to test the integration of your gateway, then set the “Enable Test Mode” to “Yes“. No live transaction will occur if the test mode is enabled. NOTE: Your payment gateway must support test mode eg. they should provide you a sandbox account to test. Directorist PayPal and Stripe gateways support test mode. If you do not want to use online gateway to test payment integration, use the only offline gateway to test.
- Active Gateways: You will see the Bank Transfer (Offline Gateway) available in this option. However, you may see other gateways if you use directorist PayPal or Stripe Gateway. Check the gateways you would like to use in the checkout page. A user will use any of the active gateways during the checkout process.
- Default Gateways: Select the default gateway you would like to show as a selected gateway on the checkout page
- Currency Name: Enter the Name of the currency that will be displayed in the checkout page. For example USD or GBP etc.
- Thousand Separator: Enter the currency thousand separator. Eg. , (comma) or . (dot) etc.
- Decimal Separator: Enter the currency decimal separator. Eg. “.” or “,”. Default is “.”
- Currency Position: Select the position where you would like to show the currency symbol.Available Options: Before amount | After amount. Default is before amount. Eg. $5