Configuring Checkout Pages
Setting up required pages
All required shortcodes and other information are clearly mentioned in the settings page. Please go to Directorist Listings > Directorist Settings > Pages, Links & Views Page. And make sure the following pages are set properly. You need to assign those pages for charging your users using created plans.
- A page with the content [directorist_checkout] should be assigned to the Checkout Page option. Directorist will show checkout information using this page.
- A page with the content [directorist_payment_receipt] should be assigned to the Payment/Order Receipt Page option. Directorist will show an Order Receipt to the user using this page.
- A page with the content [directorist_transaction_failure] should be assigned to the Transaction Failure Page option. Directorist will show a transaction failure message to the user using this page.
- A page with the content [directorist_pricing_plans] should be assigned to the Pricing Plans Pageoption. Directorist will show pricing plans to the user using this page during submitting a listing and making a claim etc.
In order to use pricing plans, we need to create one or more plans. Follow the following steps.
- Go to Directorist Listings > Pricing Plans > and click “Add new plan“.
- Fill out all the fields of the pricing plan form and hit publish. The description of all the fields is given below.
Short description of all fields of pricing plans is given below.
- Select Plan Type:
(A) Pay Per Listing – Select this plan type if you want to charge a user for every listing he/she submits.
(B) Package – Select this plan type if you want to charge a user for multiple listings at once. You must define number featured listings and normal listings available for this plan. When a user will choose this plan with this package, they will be allowed to submit the number of listings defined in this plan for the price of this plan. A user will not have to pay for each listing.
- Price: Enter a price for this plan.
- Duration (in days): Enter how many days you would like a listing should be live for this plan. When a user submits a listing using this plan, that listing will be live for the number of days defined in this field.
- Featured the Listing: If the Plan type is “Pay Per Listing“, then check this field if you want to let a user submit a featured listing using this plan.
- Listing Slider Image Limit: Check this field to enable Image uploading feature for the listing. You can enable an unlimited number of images to be uploaded for the listing or limit the number of images to be uploaded by providing a number in the input field.
- Allow Tag and set Limit: Check this field if you want to allow a user to add tags to a listing when submitting. You can also limit the number of tags a user can add to his/her listing.
- Allow Price and set Limit: Check this field if you want to allow a user to set a price for a listing when submitting. You can also limit the highest amount of a price a user can set for his/her listing.
- Price Range: Some user may want to use expense range instead of a price. If you check this field then a user will be able to choose a price range instead of setting a price. However, users will be able to choose between a price and a range during adding a listing. The available expense levels in the range selector are Ultra High ($$$$), Expensive ($$$), Moderate ($$) and Cheap($).
- Business Hours (It requires Business Hours extension): if you check this field, a user will be able to add business our to a listing using this plan. However, you must have the Directorist Business HoursExtension installed on your site for this feature to work.
- Image Gallery (It requires Image Gallery extension): Check this field if you want to let a user upload an image gallery to a listing under this plan. You can also limit the number of images a user can upload to an image gallery by inserting a number in the Gallery Image Limit field. Or you can let a user upload unlimited images by checking the “mark as unlimited” checkbox. However, this feature requires the Directorist Image Gallery extension to be installed on your site.
- Video: Check this field to let a user upload a video to a listing.
- Contact Listing Owner: Check this field if you want to let users add the contact information of their business. A user will be able to add different type of contact information to their listed business during submission. You can also determine what type of contact information a user can add using the following fields. Continue reading the fields described below.
- Phone Number: Check this field to let a user add a phone number to the listing address.
- Website Link: Check this field to let a user add a website link to the listing address.
- Social Media Links: Check this field to let a user add social media links to the listing address.
- Customer Reviews: Check this field to enable review feature on a listing. Other users will be able to post a review on the submitted listing using this plan.
- FAQs (It requires Listing’s FAQs extension): A user can add a Frequently Asked Questions sections to a listing if you enable this feature for a plan. However, this feature requires the Directorist Listing’s FAQs extension installed on your website.
- Custom Fields: Check this fields if you want a user to have access to the custom fields created by you(admin) for listings. If you check this, a user will be able to add custom fields information to a listing during submission.
- Exclude Categories: Check all the categories that you want to exclude for a plan. User will not be able to select the excluded categories when they submit using the specific plan.
- Recommend this Plan: Check this field if you want to highlight a plan as recommended when displayed to the user. Please see the screenshot below for more visual understanding of the pricing plan.
*Note: check “Hide this from pricing plan page” field if you want to hide any field on the pricing plan selection page. A sample screenshot of the pricing plan selection page given below
Please go to Directory Listings > Order History to view all of the orders received on your site. You will receive an order when a user submits a listing using a plan. Orders will have different statuses depending on the type of gateways a user chooses to pay at the checkout process. An order can have one of the following 6 statuses.
- Created: When an order created, it will have this status by default as an initial status.
- Pending: You can set this status manually when the payment for an order is pending.
- Completed: An order will have this “Completed” status when payment for an order is completed. However, only online gateways will update the status of an order to “Completed” automatically, but you need to update the order status manually if the gateway is an offline gateway like the bank transfer gateway.
- Failed: An order will have this status when a payment fails. You can also set this status to any orders manually. Keep reading to know how to change order status.
- Cancelled: When an order is cancelled, it will have this ‘Cancelled’ status. You can cancel an order manually.
- Refunded: When you refund the money of an order, it will have this status. An online gateway will update the order status to refunded automatically when a refund is made. However, you need to update the order status manually if you make a refund manually.
When a listing submitted using a plan, the user will land on the checkout page. The user can pay for the plan using an online or an offline gateway. Of course, you need to have one or more online gateways like the Directorist PayPal Gateway or Stripe gateway installed on your site for your users to be able to pay using an online gateway. However, the default gateway available for free with directorist is the Bank Transfer gateway which is an offline gateway.
Online vs Offline Gateway:
An online gateway like PayPal or Stripe can mark the order completed if the payment is successful during the checkout. The purchased plan gets activated upon order completion. All the listings submitted under the activated plan will be visible to the website users.
An offline gateway like the Bank Transfer Gateway will create an order and set the status of the order as “Created”. Then once you receive the payment in your bank account, you should mark the order completed manually. See how to change the status of order below.
How to change an order status:
Please go to Directory Listings > Order History page and check the orders you would like to change the status of and select a status from the highlighted box and hit apply. The order will have a new status. For example, we are marking an order status as completed in the example below.
Your users will be able to see the history of their orders, purchased plan type, etc. under their account page. An example of a user order history is given below.