Best WordPress Directory Plugins in 2022
Are you so much concerned about selecting the best WordPress directory plugins to pick?
The internet is full of information or data and all the information is stored in tons of web directories. In fact, the website you’re in might be listed on some sort of directories on the web. Depending on the business type and categories, online directories have different use cases for serving their purposes. Over the years, directory listing business has become more prominent among business folks.
However, creating directories from scratch on your website is a tedious job, but using a qualified WordPress directory listing plugin can make things easy for you. The problem arises when it comes to choosing a quality WordPress directory plugin where you’ll get hundreds of plugins out there in the market.
To make your decision easy, here, I have listed the best WordPress directory plugins for serving your directory listing purposes. I’ll not make the list even complicated by mentioning countless numbers. Among the massive number of WordPress directory plugins, the below mentioned are the best of the rest.
Out of around 100 directory plugins, I’m putting the best 5 to consider adding to your website for making your directory business successful!
But before going into the prime section of the article, take a look at the core features that a quality WordPress directory plugin should possess.
Core Features of the Best WordPress Directory Plugins
It’s tough to find the best WordPress directory plugins since the term “directory” itself seems so vague. However, if you know the core traits of the best WordPress directory plugins, it would be easy for you to figure out the best WordPress directory plugin from hundreds of competitors.
Before moving on to the prime part of the article, to make things easy for you, I’m discussing the core features of quality and the best WordPress directory plugins so that you can make a solid choice out of the numbers.
- Easy to use interface
- Should have optimal payment options
- Location-based search with multiple map integrations
- Customizable input fields
- Handy ways to add and adjust directory listings
- Opportunity for customers to rate and review businesses
- Smart back-end ingredients
- Easy front-end submission features
- Media support facility
- Extensive documentation and dedicated support facilities
These are some of the core features that you should consider while choosing a quality WordPress directory plugin. One thing, you should keep in mind is that you wouldn’t necessarily need all of those features in one plugin. Mostly, it depends on your business, your purposes, and the type of directory business that you’re doing to create.
Now, let’s move on to the main part of the article and find the best WordPress directory plugins around the market.
Best WordPress Directory Plugins in 2022
A solid business directory plugin can take your business to the next level. Before going into further discussion let’s list them one after another. Here is the shortlist of the best WordPress directory plugins.
- Connections Business Directory Directory
- Business Directory Plugin
- Advanced Classified & Directory Pro
Feel free to use this shortlist to figure out the best-suited one for you. Now, without further ado, let’s dive into the detailed discussion.
If you don’t want to compromise the quality of a WordPress directory plugin, you should get your hands on Directorist. It will not only save your time & money but effort. This is one of the most fast-growing WordPress directory plugins in the directory listing category. The business directory plugin is full of customization facilities with neat sorting options that allow you to create unlimited directory listing websites. If you see the ROADMAP provided by the developer of the plugin, you would understand the true potential of the plugin.
As far as the theme is concerned you like to make it goes, Directorist works perfectly fine with any other free or paid tools out there in the market. This responsive plugin is beginner-friendly that any novice user can easily install, activate, and set up on their website. This could be a great option for those of you who are looking for a free WordPress directory plugin with tons of features and functionalities. You’ll get the pro features for creating an advanced directory website as well. Let’s take a look at the core features of the plugin.
- Beginner-friendly go to go light-weight plugin
- Multi-directory feature
- A powerfl directory builder
- Compatible with any other major WordPress themes
- 25 + Elementor page builder widgets supported
- Advanced search with additional custom filter facility
- Support front-end and back-end listing submission
- Built-in Open Street and Google Map supported
- Special BOOKING extension supported
- Fully responsive, SEO optimized, GDPR compliant
- WooCommerce multi-vendor supported
- Multilingual facility with RTL solution
- Rank Featured List to rank or classify your featured listings up to 3 levels based on the pricing
- Highly customizable robust payment gateway
- Developer-friendly clean coded
- Offers extensions so that you don’t need any 3rd party plugins
- Any-spam and easy review management
- Extended documentation with a dedicated support facility
- Multiple monetization facilities
- Cost-effective pricing plan
Apart from tons of free features, Directorist supports 15+ premium extensions to scale up your directory listing business. Directorist works with any WordPress themes in the directory market. However, to make it more seamless, the developer also offers some free and premium themes that look great out of the box. Directorist is compatible with popular WordPress page builders such as Elementor Pro, and Divi.
Price: Directorist is a cost-effective quality plugin. Core Directorist is completely free at WordPress.org. Individual add-ons are $19-29 each. Or, you can get a bundle of all add-ons and themes starting at $99 with 1-year priority support and updates. Directorist also offers pricing for a lifetime and in a lifetime deal, you can get a bundle of all add-ons and themes starting at $249 only.
This one is one of the best WordPress directory plugins for people who want to create directory websites. The connection provides you with more personified facilities like creating an address book or employee directory. It also works as a full-fledged business directory plugin.
Like many other plugins, this plugin comes with a basic version for free and you can get the paid extension to scale up your business. This configurable plugin supports custom fields that allow you to create almost any kind of directory listing website.
- Compatible with any major themes & page builders in WordPress
- Creating an address book or employee directory
- Blog post display written by authors
- Gutenberg block-friendly
- Multiple entry types
- Repeatable fields for phone numbers or email address, etc
- Excellent support facilities
- Hierarchical category support
Price: Again, you’ll get the plugin for free at WordPress.Org, but individual paid extensions and templates will cost $3-20. Bundle templates and extensions can cost $29-75.
By far GeoDirectory is one of the best WordPress directory plugins on the list so far. The plugin came into the market prior to most other plugins and gain popularity providing a considerable amount of features and functionalities.
This is a freemium model plugin that comes with a free basic version in the WordPress repository. You’ll get multisite compatibility with import-export functionalities. This plugin also offers a front-end form submission facility that allows users to submit listings.
- Front-end form submission with flexible customization facility
- There are 13 input field types available
- 15 widgets with shortcode facility
- For merchants, Google analytics data is shown with the required listing
- You will get multiple built-n forms for user reviews, business inquiries, and sending information to friends
- Export/import facility through CSV
- Google map integration with cluster feature which is a paid add-on
- Wonderful documentation with a standard support
- Multi-location supported with improved search capability
Price: Usually, GeoDirectory starts free at WordPress.org. There are multiple add-ons (and themes) that are $19-39 each. In addition to this, you can get a bundle of all add-ons starting at $99 with four months of support and updates facility.
Among all other popular and the best WordPress directory plugins, this plugin is one of them. Like GeoDirectory, it came into the market way earlier and grab the fondness among the users. The plugin offers a standard amount of features and functionalities as the name implied.
Media support, Customized form fields, Payment processing are some of the core features of the Business Directory Plugin. For recurring sales by subscription, this plugin has a featured-level module which is amazing. Let’s take a look at the core features of the plugin:
- Payment gateway integrated
- Customizable form fields
- Uploading CSV
- Built-in ReCaptcha facility
- Front-end submission facility
- Media support
- You can change one time or recurring payment
- Integrating Google maps
- User can give review
Price: Allows you to use free at WordPress.org. You can buy individual add-ons for $69.99 and for a bundle of all add-ons, the price is $199.99. All the premium themes are $49.99 each and the theme bundle costs $99.99.
This one is another quality plugin that offers premium features for creating a simple directory listing website. You can use the plugin especially for classifieds, similar to Craigslist. Or you can use the plugin completely in a different direction something like a directory of movie ratings.
Advanced Classified & Directory Pro plugin is a customization-friendly directory listing tool. You can also use five different adaptable custom fields for organizing your website. Moreover, you’ll get payment processing systems like Stripe, PayPal, and WooCommerce, and even it supports offline payments through your website.
- Easy to use interface
- Online and offline payment gateway
- Offer automatically be notified via email when their listings expire
- You can assign as many extra fields as you like to your categories
- You can make a connection to the search widget to select individual fields that aim to be included in the search filters
- Can have functional Google maps integration
- Customize the layout
- Admin can control the limit of images a user can upload
- Users can add videos from YouTube or Vimeo
Price: The price starts from zero at WordPress.org. You need to pay $95.88 for one year of support and updates or you can make it happen by $289.99 for lifetime access.
It’s true that choosing the best WordPress directory plugins to build your directory listing business could be a great challenge as there are a number of options available that could make you overwhelmed. That’s why this article aims to make your challenge easier. I haven’t made the list longer so that you can choose a suitable one out of them.
If you still can’t make up your mind, I would highly recommend you to use Directorist as a safe way to start your business. This is the most versatile and one of the best WordPress directory plugins these days. You’ll get tons of features and functionalities right away using this awesome plugin.
I hope this article helped you to figure out the best WordPress directory plugins for serving your directory business. If you already using any one of them, let me know your experience so far in the comment box below or you can share if I missed a quality plugin on the list.
If you like our posts, don’t forget to subscribe to our blog so that we can notify you once any post is published. Last but not least, Directorist is now on Facebook with a Directorist community base! Come and see what we’re up to.