Single Listings Layout
Single ListingWhen a user clicks on the link of a listing on any archive page, like a search result or all listings archive, etc then the user is redirected to a page where complete details of a listing are displayed. This page is known as the Single Listing page. It is enabled by default. However, you can disable or customize it from the single listing settings. Directorist gives you flexibility when it comes to displaying a single listing. You can either enable or disable the single listing view by one single option; disabling it will allow you to display all listings as a catalog.
Single Listing Template SelectionSingle listing page design is inherited from the theme’s “Posts” template which is enabled by default. You can also choose the Directorist Custom template from the Settings → Personalization → Single Listing Template → Template.
Single Listing Page Layout BuilderDirectory Builder lets you customize the single listing page layout. We have divided the page into three sections
- Listing header
- Other Settings
|Settings Icon: Click on the following icon to configure the element i.e. Change label, enable/disable element feature, etc.|
|Tools Icon: Use this icon to change the position of the elements.|
|Trash Icon: Trash an element|
|Plus Icon: Add New Element|
- Back: Click on the Settings icon to enable/disable the back button (See Figure 1)
- Section Title: Configure the section title by clicking on the settings icon.
- Top Right: Add/Remove favorite, share, report abuse icons in this section. Hover over the icons to configure each element.
- Image Section: You can enable/disable the footer image thumbnail from this section.
- Below Image Section: The builder also lets you add/remove/configure elements like badges, pricing, location, categories, ratings, and reviews.
- Listing Title: This section allows you to show/hide the Listing title and tagline.
- Listing Description: You can also hide the listing description here.
- Change the order of the listing fields
- Edit section title/label, add custom icon tags, add custom class/id for customization.
- Configure the fields and to do so you need to click on the arrow down "˅".
- Remove a section by clicking on the trash icon.
- Add new sections and add fields of your choice.
- Select the suitable logic for the Similar Listing area. You can either select "Must match category and location" which means both the category and the location must match or "Must match category or location" which means either category or the location must match.
- Enable the "Listing from same author" option to display the listings from the same author only.
- You can also set the number listing, columns you want to display on the similar listings section.
General SettingsDirectorist gives you the flexibility to configure the general settings of the single listing page without any sort of coding. The settings are located in Settings → Listings → Single listings. The following settings are available Disable Single Listing View: You can disable the Single Listing view and have your listings display as a catalog only. Restrict Single Listings for Logged in User Only: Enabling this option will prevent the guest users to view the listing. A user will need to log in to see the listing details. Template: You can choose whether to inherit your theme’s template for the single listing view or use the Directorist custom template. Listing Slug: You can change the slug of your Single listing posts for example https://example.com/custom-listing-slug/single-listing Redirect after Editing a Listing: Select where the user will be redirected after editing a listing on the frontend. Show Submission Confirmation: Enable the Show Submission Confirmation to display a message after the listing submission. Show Backlink: You can let your users go back to the previous page. Configure Slider Images: Directorist allows you to configure the slider images. You can choose if you want to hide/show slider images. Set the slider image size, color, thumbnails, etc. Address Linked with Map: Enable if you want to link the full address with the map. Configure Related Listing settings: You can choose to display related listings based on category and/or tag. And that's all about Single Listing Layout feature of Directorist.
Last Updated: July 26th, 2021